05 November 2015

Discounts on Discounts - Saving to the Last Cents

The number of membership discount cards that we hold these days is simply amazing. Some are even in electronic form.

I couldn't help noticing how I was reaping multiple layers of discounts when I was shopping at a mall recently.

I bought dinner at the Food Junction food court. They now have a discount cash card which you can buy from their drink stall. Aside from using the pre-paid (top-up) cash card to pay for the food at the stalls, the same card offers a discount from those food stalls.

I could do likewise for expenses at the Ajisen outlet, where I also have a Japan Foods member discount card for use at Ajisen. The membership card came free when I owned shares of Japan Foods.



And if the payments are made using the Citibank Dividend Card, or POSB Master Card, there are further cash back from the credit cards.

At Popular, I could use my Popular card to buy stuff for my school going teens. On top of which, payments made with with POSB Master Card offers further discount.

Frasers malls (e.g. Causeway Point, Yew Tee Point, etc) have their Frasers Rewards app that allow members to scan in the receipts to get rewards points that are convertible to vouchers after accumulating certain number of points. And if the numerous Frasers mall isn't your kind of place, there're also the CapitaMalls (e.g. Lot One, Plaza Singapura, Bt Panjang Plaza, etc) which have the Capitastar app.

I have on occasion stupidly submitted receipts to the wrong app! Sheesh. It can be a bit tough trying to keep track of which cards and apps to use.

Trivia: How many SGX stocks can you spot related to above?

No comments: